Nimia Hiring Fullstack Developer (Python / Javascript) and Intern Developer

Alec Koumjian

Oct 2, 2014, 11:09:12 AM10/2/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Nimia (https://app.nimia.com) -- Seattle, WA (REMOTE possible, VISA possible)

== About Us ==

Nimia is a place where independent filmmakers and agencies can license, share, and archive their 4k video. See our quick video intro: https://app.nimia.com/video/35785/demo

== Company Culture ==

We are small. We want you to help us decide what to build, what to improve on, and even how to market ourselves. We are in constant communication with our users. Sales, marketing, legal, and engineering meet up frequently to collaborate.

We use SCRUM to keep everyone on the same page and to constantly reevaluate how we're spending our time. HACK DAY is every other week on Friday, sometimes taking over the next sprint when something awesome comes up. Schedule is flexible, but we are always in touch. We deploy almost daily.

On evenings and weekends we often do (completely optional) creative side projects, such as helping with this film shoot: https://app.nimia.com/video/139992/base-aerial-footage-sneak-peek

== Positions ==

Fullstack Developer
-------------------

Responsibilities:

You will get to spend your time in a myriad of places, depending on your interests and strengths:

* Features
* UI / UX
* Performance / DevOps
* Marketing / SEO

Who you are will help define the position and we want you to have a real interest in designing and engineering the product.

Qualifications:

* Experience with Django, Rails, or a server side javascript framework
* Experience with a client side javascript framework
* Plus: Experience with video encoding / codecs

Intern Developer
----------------

Responsibilities:

* Learn the stack
* Spend grueling hours on the most tedious bugs (just kidding, we all have to do that)
* Hop between programming and marketing tasks
* Keep us up to date on what all the hip startups are doing

Qualifications:

* You want to learn
* Demonstrate a real interest in programming
* You eventually want a fulltime position

== Our Stack ==

We use Python, Django, NodeJS / Javascript, Backbone, SCSS, Elasticsearch, Redis, Saltstack, AWS and some other bits and pieces. We aren't afraid to try new technologies, libraries, or 3rd party services as long as they perform well and do something great for our users.

== Some Cool Engineering Things We've Done ==

* First to implement client side multi-part upload directly S3 so that our users could upload their 10GB+ video files without touching our EC2 servers
* Within one hack day we added realtime updates for video status & chat using nodeJS + socketIO and deployed to production

Contact al...@nimia.com and please include:

* 3 references
* Github profile and/or personal website
* Resume

David Fry

Oct 2, 2014, 11:29:44 AM10/2/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alec,

Is the internship full time?
Is it paid?
Do you guys have any need for an IOS devs?

Thank,

David

Alec Koumjian

Oct 2, 2014, 11:32:20 AM10/2/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

No, the internship is not full time or paid. It is simply a learning experience. Though if I recall from your demos in the past, you would really be too qualified for the internship. Consider applying for the full time position.

No iOS development yet, but we're open to it. We've got to tackle mobile eventually :-)

Alec

David Fry

Oct 2, 2014, 11:46:19 AM10/2/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Since we last talked. I have been heavily learning IOS dev. I really love it! I have taken a code fellows course and passed with flying colors. I would love to help out/intern when you guys come to IOS dev.  As far as the full time position I am not sure I am qualified.  I have never released a product nor worked professionally, but would love to do it.

This is my latest IOS stuff:

David

David Fry

Jul 16, 2015, 10:01:03 AM7/16/15
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alec,
Did you ever hire an intern? Just checking in and seeing how things are going.

David