PicMonkey is seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer

Kailey Duffy

Jun 2, 2015, 2:35:52 PM6/2/15
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Senior Software Engineer at PicMonkey.com!

PicMonkey Inc Seattle, WA
Job Description

Here’s us: a well-loved brand looking for an engineer to work on our backend services, facilitating both our mobile and web platforms. As a small team, every member works across the entire stack from tooling/deployment all the way to HTML/CSS. We like walks in the park and keeping work fun but insanely productive.

Here’s you: hella smart in the DevOps world and while you play well with others, you are also able to take projects from start to completion with minimal direction. You are excited about working with a small but mighty team of engineers who are hammering away at a major delivery in the next few months, where your contributions will be as essential as the Baking Company. ← And that’s a Seattle joke that you get because you already live in the Emerald City.

Local Seattle, Washington applicants only please.

Skills & Requirements

Here’s how you like to nerd out:5+ years commercial software development experience, using Java/Python/Go/PHP/Ruby/similar, and MySQL.

​Writing and maintaining Ruby scripts to create and deploy new infrastructure to AWS

Writing and maintaining Chef cookbooks, roles and environments

Building, maintaining, and deploying Java web apps (Spring framework, Hibernate)

Building, maintaining, and deploying JavaScript web apps (Express, WebSockets)

Building, maintaining, and deploying Python web apps (Django)

Honing your skills in advanced database analysis/optimization

Nice to have: experience with payment systems

Nice to have: experience with NoSQL systems

Nice to have: designing services for mobile clients (and/or building those clients yourself)

About PicMonkey Inc

PicMonkey is looking for a few strong humans to help us bring fearless photo embetterment to the world. We’re a small shop and we act like a small shop that gets it done. We crank on all pistons, work like cray-zay, and then we go home to have actual lives, too. We’re in it for the unalloyed bliss of doing the coolest work on earth. You in? If so, please email jobs.e...@bueller.us