I'm a local Django developer with a dream client in NYC who has big plans and too much work for me to take on by myself. I need a talented, self-starter type to assist in building out and expanding next revision of feature-rich e-commerce site for this rapidly-growing NYC-based B2B reseller.
- Build out new features / integrations for existing Python/Django/MySQL framework.
- Assist with on multiple real-time integrations with 3rd party systems.
- Build out new features as necessary ( and there will be new features! )
- Assist in maintenance and continual expansion of site once launched.
- Be local! Seattle-based - ideally able to meet up weekly (depending on logistics) in SLU neighborhood to work, plan iterations, drink coffee.
- Open / honest communication - looking for idea-contributing partner. Want someone to offer their voice and assist in technical decisions, architectural planning, etc.
- 4 years experience building web applications, preferably in Python
- 2-3 years experience working with Python
- 2 years experience working with Django
- 2 years experience working on E-commerce systems or other highly-transactional systems.
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with Solr a plus.
- Strong communication a must - will be primarily working independently.
- Familiarity with code repositories and working with small development teams.
A great opportunity to make good money on your own schedule and without a commute.
Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
If interested, please submit resume and your hourly rate.
Thanks for reading!