Presentation Submissions for the June 24th Meetup

Seth Denner

Jun 3, 2014, 8:43:05 PM6/3/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone! After a brief hiatus last month the Django Seattle Meetup is making a comeback.

We are currently taking submissions for talks and or demos for this months meetup on the 24th.

We are also looking for a host for this month's meetup. EnergySavvy is usually down to host but I think it will be good to spread around to different locations as certain they may be more accessible to different members of the group. Please make sure that any potential meetup locations are wheelchair accessible.

Please contact me at se...@knotis.com if you are interested in presenting, want to host or have any other suggestions for the upcoming meetup.

See you on the 24th!

Benjamin Turner

Jun 4, 2014, 12:53:35 PM6/4/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, we've also added a repository on our github account for keeping track of presentations: https://github.com/django-seattle/presentations Please take a look and if you have a presentation you're interested in giving submit an issue on github in addition to contacting Seth.

Thanks!

Seth Denner

Jun 20, 2014, 11:26:43 PM6/20/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone!

We could still use one or two presenters to give talks on Tuesday!  Take this great opportunity to give back to the Django community here in Seattle and to practice your public speaking skills.

Email me or post here if you would like to give a talk.

Thanks!

Cris Ewing

Jun 21, 2014, 2:52:55 AM6/21/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Seth,

I've got a location for the meeting available, if you are still looking. I teach The Python courses at Code Fellows and we have space Tuesday night to host.  Let me know if this would be desirable. The location is in South Lake Union. Plenty of space, a projector and screen. Everything you'd need.

Cris Ewing
************
Cris Ewing Developer, LLC
@crisewing

Rodney Lewis

Jun 23, 2014, 4:28:17 PM6/23/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All;

I would like to give the presentation on Yumalish.com that I was going to do before.

Life is hectic so I can't promise.

If it's wheelchair accessible I will try to make it.

Seth Denner

Jun 23, 2014, 4:45:27 PM6/23/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
That would be amazing if you could come through on this. Can we verify that Rover is wheelchair accessible?

Scott Porad

Jun 23, 2014, 4:54:18 PM6/23/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Rover is very wheelchair friendly.  We're on the first floor and there are no stairs to get in the building.

Rodney Lewis

Jun 23, 2014, 7:13:41 PM6/23/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Super!  What time?

Seth Denner

Jun 23, 2014, 7:14:52 PM6/23/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
6pm

Rodney Lewis

Jun 24, 2014, 3:54:32 PM6/24/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Can you post Rover's address and instruction for entry, please?

Seth Denner

Jun 24, 2014, 3:56:25 PM6/24/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
The Address is 808 Howell St, SeattleWA.

Scott will have to get to you on the instructions for entry.

Scott Porad

Jun 24, 2014, 3:56:38 PM6/24/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
808 Howell St, 1st Floor

You should be able to just walk right in.

Rodney Lewis

Jun 24, 2014, 4:00:03 PM6/24/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! I'll try to make it.

Kevin LaTona

Jul 3, 2014, 12:53:18 PM7/3/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Calling all Seattle Python Geeks,

The next SeaPig meeting is this Monday, July 7th.

And is looking like a really good one about 2 different topics… VR and microVM's

Hope to see you all there.

Have a great 4th of July celebration.

-Kevin

Seattle Python Interest Group's Next Meeting

Monday, July 7, 2014, 7:00-9:00 PM

• Maria McKinley from the University of Washington will give a talk about her neuroscience research project using Python and VR gaming.

• Nimret Sandhu will give a introduction talk about Docker virtualization.

A few background links about docker for you.

        http://www.docker.com

Meeting location -- Capitol Hill

Office Nomads
1617 Boylston Ave