Getting Errors in accessing history view

con...@aoswebsolutions.com

Mar 17, 2016, 9:11:59 PM3/17/16
to django-reversion discussion group
Using latest pull from github repo.

This is the error - http://dpaste.com/1ASW3TN

Some history is working, some is not.

Dave Hall

Mar 18, 2016, 6:14:49 AM3/18/16
to django-reversion discussion group
You have a __unicode__ or __str__ method on one of your objects that is returning None.

con...@aoswebsolutions.com

Mar 20, 2016, 6:45:02 AM3/20/16
to django-reversion discussion group
Ok, I think I found something else as well.
Have a look at this - http://dpaste.com/35RPD51

Seems the Initial Version always gets this error. However The later version gets the "coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found" error.

The item in line 89 is always (whenever there is some error) some image.

So right now, the values are -
old_revision is set([<Article: Tokyo Olympic Aquatic Centre>])
item is <Image: files/image-upload/01_olympic_aquatics_center.jpg>

What do you make of this?

Dave Hall

Mar 21, 2016, 5:33:43 AM3/21/16
to django-reversion discussion group
Hmm, that's odd. That error can only occur if you have a model instance with a relationship to another model instance that isn't in the database, and I'm not sure how that can be possible.

Alternatively, you've actually saved a model with the primary key of NULL, which would be odd.