Migrating data from 1.5.2 -> 1.10.2

Danny Adair

Sep 28, 2016, 7:29:15 PM9/28/16
to django-reversion discussion group
Hi,

I've got several GB of revision/version data in 1.5.2 and want to move
to 1.10.2.
(and then at a later point use built-in migrations to go to 2.x)

Looking at the schemas it looks like the only thing that happened was
that "type" was dropped from reversion_version. Is that correct?
Could I just drop that column and keep the rest as-is?
Is the version type (add/change/delete) used at all these days?

Cheers,
Danny

Dave Hall

Sep 30, 2016, 5:20:47 AM9/30/16
to django-reversion discussion group
Without laboriously going though the migrations in the different releases, it's hard to know for sure, but you seem to be on the right lines.