[GitHub Process]: New Project for API Docs?

Carlton Gibson

May 19, 2017, 4:42:49 AM5/19/17
to Django REST framework
Hiya,

I'm trying to get a grip on the tickets relating to the generated API documentation. My issue is GitHub's tracker doesn't offer great ways of filtering to just the relevant tickets.

In the past we've tried using Labels to group tickets by functionality, but we have those for Process.

So, any objection to creating a Project for this functionality and adding tickets to that?

Cheers,
C.

Xavier Ordoquy

May 19, 2017, 4:53:00 AM5/19/17
to django-res...@googlegroups.com

> Le 19 mai 2017 à 10:42, Carlton Gibson <carlton...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hiya,
>
> I'm trying to get a grip on the tickets relating to the generated API documentation. My issue is GitHub's tracker doesn't offer great ways of filtering to just the relevant tickets.

Thanks for dealing with it :)

> In the past we've tried using Labels to group tickets by functionality, but we have those for Process.
>
> So, any objection to creating a Project for this functionality and adding tickets to that?

Looks good to me in particular given the increasing number of issues about it.

> Cheers,
> C.

Regards,
Xavier O.

Carlton Gibson

May 19, 2017, 7:36:57 AM5/19/17
to Django REST framework
OK. 👍

I created project. Alas no way to add issues from the list view. (Grrr. GitHub... 🙂)

Tom Christie

May 19, 2017, 11:08:54 PM5/19/17
to Django REST framework
I'd be totally cool with us having labels for "Schema generation" and "Interactive API docs"

As you say there's a whole bunch of loose ends in those areas and it'd be good to filter down to them.

Carlton Gibson

May 22, 2017, 8:36:50 AM5/22/17
to Django REST framework
In that case I might create the labels.

(Projects as still a bit half-baked in terms of functionality — especially from the list view.)