Introduction

Michael Blume

Mar 30, 2011, 6:13:08 PM3/30/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm Mike. I'm an API developer at Loggly, and I've been
maintaining our copy of Piston for the past few months.

I've got branches up at Github and Bitbucket

Github: https://github.com/loggly/django-piston
Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/MichaelBlume/django-piston

There's a couple fixes to the emitters in there, mostly targeted
towards shipping decorated versions of models. Also some random code
cosmetics.

Few questions:

I don't see a community fork on bitbucket, only on github. Should we
take a headcount on the mailing list to see who's actively developing
on bitbucket?

I'm having a little trouble bridging between the
django-piston/django-piston repo on github and the canonical repo on
bitbucket. Namely, if I use hg-git to go from one to the other, I wind
up with a different set of hashes. This means I wind up having to use
a fairly baroque process involving multiple working copies and a lot
of rebasing to move between them. Anyone know what's up with this?

Jespern's last commit
(https://bitbucket.org/jespern/django-piston/changeset/c4b2d21db51a),
by his own admission, breaks some emitter behavior. I've actually
started my fork one commit before it for just this reason. Does anyone
know what was being set up here?

-Mike