Piston Test Coverage

Jorge Cardona

Jun 20, 2011, 3:22:01 AM6/20/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I added a test environment with tox to piston, in which we can test it
in python 2.6 and 2.7 with django1.2 and 1.3. I'm using the already
used application for tests, and it has 64% coverage of piston, I'm
planning to up that number myself in the near future, but if someone
want to do it please fork and create a pull request. Right now there
is one test that has an error, one with a failure, and one that fails
in 2.7.

All this is in the branch test_with_tox of
https://github.com/django-piston/django-piston
(https://github.com/django-piston/django-piston/tree/test_with_tox)

After have a good coverage of piston we need to merge some repos that
has good features. There are 160 forks in bitbucket, and 17 in github.

I will order them by most number of followers, in bitbucket first:

- https://bitbucket.org/prencher/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/yml/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/jespern/django-piston-oauth2/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/jespern/django-piston-oauth10a/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/joestump/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/Josh/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/ionelmc/django-piston-ext/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/ephelon/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/liberation/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/joeb/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/codysoyland/django-piston-emitter-refactor/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/jricketson/django-piston/overview
- https://bitbucket.org/ionelmc/django-piston-api-auth/overview

I will be able to read some of them in order to prioritize the added
features in all of them, but I think that as a community we can work
together in this part.

I hope more of you help me to increase the actual coverage of piston
at least to 90%, and to set up a list of features as milestone for a
new version of piston.

Bye

--
Jorge Eduardo Cardona
jorgee...@gmail.com

Jorge Cardona

Jun 25, 2011, 12:44:37 AM6/25/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
((( Sorry Jason for the duplicated message ))

Hi, I just want to have a new version of Piston and not a code from
two years ago, I have been looking for the 0.3dev code, I only see
version "0.2.3rc1" in bitbucket.

I don't have problems with bitbucket and github, I'm just more used to
git than hg, but I can move the code to Bitbucket. But the problem is
that seems that jespern is pretty busy lately, and I don't mean that I
will be the maintainer, I just want to help to keep alive this project
which seems to have a lot of users.

The community decide where the code goes, but I think that in order to
start to merge all the code around a testing infrastructure is needed
to reduce the risk of break anything, that's what I want in the near
future, to have a good coverage of piston, and I can add it to

But in general I just want to help to keep alive this project, which
has also save my life in many ways.

PD: I just check the repo of  django-piston-oauth2 and that the 0.3dev
version updated 2 months ago. Maybe I can fork from it and start to
add coverage testing to that version.