Re: Status of django-piston

Joshua Ginsberg

Mar 23, 2012, 4:31:48 PM3/23/12
to Andi Albrecht, django...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks -

I do apologize for the inauspicious beginning to my maintainership. I had expected far more of my time to be available from my company to work on Piston, and that didn't happen. Other than the YAML security issue, little has been done since I took the helm.

But that does little to change that there's quite a backlog of issues. The last official release doesn't work with the CSRF framework and the current trunk release doesn't work with Django 1.4. On top of that, there are a pile of outstanding issues, bugs, and enhancements in the issue tracker.

But my present employer, SocialCode, has committed to being very gracious with my time and I'm using it to good advantage. I've been endeavoring to quash at least one issue per day, and I'm going to continue to do so until the backlog is chewed through. Next week, expect tip to become compatible with Django 1.4. In the next couple of weeks, expect another official release. I'm also going to work on getting the docs out of the Bitbucket wiki and into the repository in a Sphinx compatible manner.

Thanks for your patience, and if there are particular blockers in the tracker that I need to make sure to address prior to an official 2.3 release, please email me off-list.

-jag

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Andi Albrecht wrote:

Hi Joshua,

sorry for mailing you directly, but I don't know how to reach you as
the maintainer of django-piston otherwise. The mailing list seems to
be dead since last November, at least the message I've posted nearly
two weeks ago doesn't show up yet (it was my first post, maybe it
needs moderation?).

I'm a bit puzzled about the current status of django-piston. The last
commit in the main(?) repo "jespern/django-piston" is about four
months old with a few pull requests pending. And your fork
"j00bar/django-piston" seems to divert.
Now that there's a second release candidate for Django 1.4 I'd
expected that piston works with it, but it won't... :(

Could you tell me what is the current status of django-piston? Can I
expect it to work with Django 1.4?

Best regards,

Andi