Extend Product Model

Sebastian Jung

Sep 4, 2021, 11:06:56 AM9/4/21
to django-oscar

Hello,

i want to extend oscar model:

https://django-oscar.readthedocs.io/en/3.1/howto/how_to_customise_models.html

i make a local catalogue app. And then insert in models.py:

yourproject/catalogue/models.py

from django.db import models

from oscar.apps.catalogue.abstract_models import AbstractProduct

class Product(AbstractProduct):
video_url = models.URLField()

from oscar.apps.catalogue.models import *

i insert in my settings.py in Installed_App:

'catalogue' and then i get a exception that calatalogue Label exists 2 times.

Now i comment:

'oscar.apps.catalogue.apps.CatalogueConfig',

and then i get another exceptions. In older Version from oscar this point works but with 'oscar.apps.catalogue.apps.CatalogueConfig', not further more.

Can anyone give me a solution how i can fix it?

Josh Karamuth

Sep 10, 2021, 2:04:14 AM9/10/21
to django-oscar
You need to insert the full path to your AppConfig instead of 'catalogue'.