Django Oscar with paypal webhooks

Yahiba

Nov 10, 2021, 2:58:40 PM11/10/21
to django-oscar
Hello,

I am trying to integrate paypal webhooks with the Oscar checkout.

I came across multiple plans but I'm considering the following:

  1. Place the order when the payment method is chosen in the payment details page
  2. Present the preview page already with the paypal checkout button
  3. After taking the paypal payment procedure, redirect to the thank-you page
  4. When the webhook is received, update the order status to successfull

working on point 1 and:

I moved the «place order» button to the payment detail page and changed the success_url to the checkout:preview page.
The problem is the basket is deleted in this step. I am trying to find where this occurs,
I thought it was session flush but apparently nop.

Please let me know if there is a better approach for this situation

What is going on with django-oscar-paypal? I managed to get it working but that 2015 vibe... if you know what I mean.

Thanks