boohoo... no Knight money for us ;(

Milan Andric

Jan 30, 2009, 4:45:24 PM1/30/09
to Django Newsroom
Well I received an email last week or so saying that django-newsroom
will not receive Knight funding this time round. Kind of a bummer, it
would help the project to gain some traction sooner than later.

Of course this doesn't mean the project is dead! Progress will
continue and my efforts with News21 will be targeted at this project.
So hopefully we will have some decent working software soon and
interested people/orgs and contributions will keep growing.

Just FYI,

--
Milan

Scot Hacker

Feb 2, 2009, 5:30:21 PM2/2/09
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear the grant didn't come through Milan - I know you worked
very hard on this. But yes, the ideas started on this list will have a
good testbed in News21, and I'm sure N21 will be a very good real-
world project to grow the ideas in/on.

./s
--

>>> Birdhouse Hosting <<<
Customized web and mail solutions
http://hosting.birdhouse.org/

John Tynan

Feb 2, 2009, 5:58:27 PM2/2/09
to django-...@googlegroups.com
I too am sorry to hear this.

It's no small feat to put forth a proposal like Milan has done with
the django-newsroom, to have a vision and an idea, and to have a
community of interested people rallying around to make it happen.

Let's continue to keep this idea in mind and to keep the conversation going.

All the best,

John T.
--
http://johntynan.com
http://openid.johntynan.com/john

Milan Andric

Feb 2, 2009, 6:05:44 PM2/2/09
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hey thanks for responding folks ... really appeciate it.

--
Milan