SQLite and MySQL different admin interface behavior with ML

1 view

Dmitry A. Erokhin

May 2, 2010, 7:07:13 AM5/2/10
to django-multilingual
It's seems very strange, but model with required char field
(blank=False by default) has different behavior in admin interface
that depends on db backend.

On SQLite in development enviroment it works correct and doesn't allow
to leave required field balnk, generating error message in admin
interface.

On MySQL in production enviroment I can leave this field blank and
successfuly save entry to database. On non translational fields (data
field) everything works correctly and force me to fill the field.

Model:

class Dog(AbstractDog):
birthday = models.DateField(u'дата рождения') #the correct field
# some other fields

class Translation(multilingual.Translation):
full_name = models.CharField(u'имя собаки по паспорту',
max_length=50) #the promblem field

Any ideas?