what is the current status of this project?

Amit Ramon

Nov 25, 2010, 3:11:47 PM11/25/10
to django-multilingual
Hello list,

I've used django-multilingual in a couple of projects and found it
extremely useful. However, unfortunately I cannot get it to work with
the trunk version off django. Could someone please update about the
status of this project? Are there any plans to make it compatible with
the latest django?

Thanks,

Amit

Panos Laganakos

Nov 25, 2010, 3:33:43 PM11/25/10
to django-mu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Amit,

If you're using Django 1.2 and up, you should give
django-multilingual-ng[1] a try.

It's not a 1:1 update, but it provides tools to help you with the conversion.

django-multilingual works fine for prior the 1.2 release (actually up
to the multidb branch merging).

[1] https://github.com/ojii/django-multilingual-ng

> --

Panos Laganakos

Amit Ramon

Nov 25, 2010, 3:59:07 PM11/25/10
to django-mu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Panos,

Panos Laganakos <panos.l...@gmail.com> [2010-11-25 22:33 +0200]:

>Hey Amit,
>
>If you're using Django 1.2 and up, you should give
>django-multilingual-ng[1] a try.

I gave it a try a couple of months ago, but I ran into some problems
and gave up... I don't remember the exact nature of these problems,
unfortunately.

Do you think that now it should work nicely with django's trunk?

Thanks,

Amit

Panos Laganakos

Nov 26, 2010, 5:02:08 AM11/26/10
to django-mu...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if it works with trunk, but up to 1.2.3 it works fine.

Just give it a try and report any issues to the issue tracker[1]. And
make sure it hasn't been fixed in any of the other branches over at
github.

[1] https://github.com/ojii/django-multilingual-ng/issues

Amit Ramon

Nov 27, 2010, 10:12:31 AM11/27/10