ANN: django-multilingual-ng

Jonas Obrist

Feb 17, 2010, 1:05:47 PM2/17/10
to django-multilingual
Just want to inform everyone that I started a fork of django-
multilingual, called django-multilingual-ng, which provides Django 1.2
compatiblity. Note that this will probably NOT work in pre-1.2
versions of django. The code lives on http://github.com/ojii/django-multilingual-ng.

The changes made:

- django 1.2 compatible (multidb)
- deprecated language_id in favor of language_code
- admin improvements (you edit one language at a time instead of all
languages at once, using a tabbed interface).
- an easy command to convert multilingual apps to multilingual-ng

The high level API stays the same. Due to the language_id depreciation
some low level APIs have changed. However they should make things
easier, not harder.

Please note that the code is still largely untested.

Jonas Obrist

_me

Apr 15, 2010, 4:28:50 PM4/15/10
to django-multilingual
Hi Jonas Obrist,

Very nice project ..

I'm testing right now, and the bellow are errors I've got (Python 2.5,
Django 1.2 beta 1)

- Unicode error when I try to edit object in language tab with empty
fields.
- prepopulated_fields (slugs) not supported

regards.

On 17 Lut, 20:05, Jonas Obrist <ojiido...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just want to inform everyone that I started a fork of django-
> multilingual, called django-multilingual-ng, which provides Django 1.2
> compatiblity. Note that this will probably NOT work in pre-1.2
> versions of django. The code lives onhttp://github.com/ojii/django-multilingual-ng.
>
> The changes made:
>
> - django 1.2 compatible (multidb)
> - deprecated language_id in favor of language_code
> - admin improvements (you edit one language at a time instead of all
> languages at once, using a tabbed interface).
> - an easy command to convert multilingual apps to multilingual-ng
>
> The high level API stays the same. Due to the language_id depreciation
> some low level APIs have changed. However they should make things
> easier, not harder.
>
> Please note that the code is still largely untested.
>
> Jonas Obrist

Alessandro Ronchi

May 1, 2010, 6:53:12 AM5/1/10
to django-multilingual
I'm using multilingual-ng and I need multilingual flatpages. I've
added flatpages and multilingual.flatpages in my installed app but it
doesn't work.
I've also problems with prepopulated_fields

Does django-multilingual support django 1.2?

Maybe it's better to wait some time to use django 1.2, and start this
project with 1.1.2 ?

Jonas Obrist

May 3, 2010, 3:32:04 AM5/3/10
to django-mu...@googlegroups.com
You need to use `use_prepopulated_fields` in your admin class in
django-multilingual-ng. also flatpages have been reported to work in
latest master of django-multilingual-ng, if the your issue still exists
in latest master, please file a bug report on github.