Sprinting towards 1.0

richard barran

Jul 14, 2008, 4:55:36 PM7/14/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As Django moves towards 1.0 there's a number of sprints being
organised (http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2008/jul/11/sprints/)
on the far side on the Atlantic Ocean.
It's possible to join in the fun by IRC - but does anyone know if
there any plans for holding sprints here in London?

Thanks,
Richard

Robert Lofthouse

Jul 14, 2008, 4:57:26 PM7/14/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
We initially planned to have one, but I don't have much free time at the moment the closer it gets to DjangoCon. If enough people are interested I can sort out a venue and organise things with Jacob.

Let me know

Regards

Rob

2008/7/14 richard barran <gurg...@free.fr>:

--
Robert Lofthouse
Technical Director

Siu Design Limited - http://www.siudesign.co.uk

M: 07806 751 392
E: robert.l...@siudesign.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales. Registration number: 06358069

richard barran

Jul 15, 2008, 4:07:59 PM7/15/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'd definitely be interested. Anything that I could do to help out?
Richard

Anand Kumria

Jul 16, 2008, 4:32:24 PM7/16/08
to DJUGL

On Jul 14, 9:57 pm, "Robert Lofthouse" <daaif...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> We initially planned to have one, but I don't have much free time at the
> moment the closer it gets to DjangoCon. If enough people are interested I
> can sort out a venue and organise things with Jacob.
>
> Let me know

How a big a venue is a sprint typically held in? I'd imagine only
about 4 - 5 people would be keen.

If DJUGL is going ahead on the 12th August, how about having one on
the Saturday (16th Aug).

It would be the (current) second last one and would enable people to
have a good idea about what kind of shape Django 1.0 will be in.

Either way, I'd be interested.

Anand

Robert Lofthouse

Jul 16, 2008, 5:12:21 PM7/16/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
By sort out a venue, I meant "steal one of the kick ass rooms at work". I don't expect there to be a huge amount of people... well, actually quite a number of other django devs at my company (GCAP) will probably join in, so probably more than 5 ;)

I'll talk to Jacob about it.

Regards

Rob

patrick.f....@googlemail.com

Jul 17, 2008, 1:33:32 PM7/17/08
to DJUGL
Guys - my company has some meeting rooms that opened out together
would accomodate up to 20 - maybe more. We are located in W1 - just
off Oxford Circus. I'd be happy to provide any assistance I can...

Patrick

On Jul 16, 10:12 pm, "Robert Lofthouse" <daaif...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> By sort out a venue, I meant "steal one of the kick ass rooms at work". I
> don't expect there to be a huge amount of people... well, actually quite a
> number of other django devs at my company (GCAP) will probably join in, so
> probably more than 5 ;)
>
> I'll talk to Jacob about it.
>
> Regards
>
> Rob
>
> 2008/7/16 Anand Kumria <akum...@gmail.com>:
>

> > On Jul 14, 9:57 pm, "Robert Lofthouse" <daaif...@googlemail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > We initially planned to have one, but I don't have much free time at the
> > > moment the closer it gets to DjangoCon. If enough people are interested I
> > > can sort out a venue and organise things with Jacob.
>
> > > Let me know
>
> > How a big a venue is a sprint typically held in? I'd imagine only
> > about 4 - 5 people would be keen.
>
> > If DJUGL is going ahead on the 12th August, how about having one on
> > the Saturday (16th Aug).
>
> > It would be the (current) second last one and would enable people to
> > have a good idea about what kind of shape Django 1.0 will be in.
>
> > Either way, I'd be interested.
>
> > Anand
>
> --
> Robert Lofthouse
> Technical Director
>
> Siu Design Limited -http://www.siudesign.co.uk
>
> M: 07806 751 392
> E: robert.loftho...@siudesign.co.uk

Robert Lofthouse

Jul 17, 2008, 7:05:25 PM7/17/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
Sounds awesome. Btw guys, I was talking to Jacob. If we do a sprint that weekend then it will mainly be triage stuff, if we did it the weekend after then it would be fixing the things found by the triage process the previous week. Up to you guys.

...and sorry Patrick, I really do keep meaning to call you! Just let me know a time when you're free and i'll give you a ring!

Regards

Rob

Siu Design Limited - http://www.siudesign.co.uk

M: 07806 751 392
E: robert.l...@siudesign.co.uk

patrick.f....@googlemail.com

Jul 18, 2008, 7:58:00 AM7/18/08
to DJUGL
I'll check that weekend (it is the long weekend according to my diary)
with:
a) my other half and
b) the office providers (it is shared resource in our building)

and get back to you..

Rob - I'm free this afternoon and more or less any time after 3pm on
monday onwards...
/patrick

On Jul 18, 12:05 am, "Robert Lofthouse" <daaif...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Sounds awesome. Btw guys, I was talking to Jacob. If we do a sprint that
> weekend then it will mainly be triage stuff, if we did it the weekend after
> then it would be fixing the things found by the triage process the previous
> week. Up to you guys.
>
> ...and sorry Patrick, I really do keep meaning to call you! Just let me know
> a time when you're free and i'll give you a ring!
>
> Regards
>
> Rob
>
> 2008/7/17 patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com <

Stuart Colville

Jul 18, 2008, 8:32:08 AM7/18/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
Is there some where we can get people to register their interest in participating in the sprint?

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM, patrick.f....@googlemail.com <patrick.f....@googlemail.com> wrote:

I'll check that weekend (it is the long weekend according to my diary)
with:
a) my other half and
b) the office providers (it is shared resource in our building)

--
Stuart Colville

Muffin Research Labs
http://muffinresearch.co.uk

Web Standards Group
http://webstandardsgroup.org

Cyril Doussin

Jul 18, 2008, 9:17:03 AM7/18/08
to django...@googlegroups.com

Upcoming?

Robert Lofthouse

Jul 18, 2008, 9:48:18 AM7/18/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
Eventwax might be a bit OTT but I could certainly set something up to manage it.

2008/7/18 Stuart Colville <muffinr...@gmail.com>:

--
Robert Lofthouse
Technical Director

Siu Design Limited - http://www.siudesign.co.uk

M: 07806 751 392
E: robert.l...@siudesign.co.uk

patrick.f....@googlemail.com

Jul 20, 2008, 2:18:18 AM7/20/08
to DJUGL
I'm away at the moment - unitl monday evening but could sort something
out on tuesday.

On Jul 18, 2:48 pm, "Robert Lofthouse" <daaif...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Eventwax might be a bit OTT but I could certainly set something up to manage
> it.
>
> 2008/7/18 Stuart Colville <muffinresea...@gmail.com>:
>

> > Is there some where we can get people to register their interest in
> > participating in the sprint?
>
> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM, patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com <
> > patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I'll check that weekend (it is the long weekend according to my diary)
> >> with:
> >> a) my other half and
> >> b) the office providers (it is shared resource in our building)
>
> > --
> > Stuart Colville
>
> > Muffin Research Labs
> >http://muffinresearch.co.uk
>
> > Web Standards Group
> >http://webstandardsgroup.org
>
> --
> Robert Lofthouse
> Technical Director
>
> Siu Design Limited -http://www.siudesign.co.uk
>
> M: 07806 751 392
> E: robert.loftho...@siudesign.co.uk

Anand Kumria

Jul 20, 2008, 8:21:42 PM7/20/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM, patrick.f....@googlemail.com
<patrick.f....@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'll check that weekend (it is the long weekend according to my diary)

The long weekend is the following weekend (23rd - 25th Aug) according to

http://www.berr.gov.uk/employment/bank-public-holidays/

Anand

patrick.f....@googlemail.com

Jul 22, 2008, 12:21:45 PM7/22/08
to DJUGL
ahh yes, but above, Rob suggested the following weekend - ie that of
the 23rd.

The good news is that subject to certain restrictions (mainly: we
clean up after ourselves) there is no problem using our facilities on
either weekend. I'll get a site up tomorrow (I know I promised today
but time has got away from me)

Rob - I'll give you a call tomorrow - if that is ok with you - to
discuss.

Patrick

On Jul 21, 1:21 am, "Anand Kumria" <akum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM, patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com

patrickf

Aug 3, 2008, 2:27:00 PM8/3/08
to DJUGL
Everyone - I spoke to Rob last week, and he suggested the 30th of
August as being the best date for a London Sprint. How does that suit
everyone?

If you wish to register - so we can guarantee places etc, please go to
http://www.djangodb.org/blog/index.php?/wpages/london.html

We will send you details as they become apparent!
(and Rob - get in touch when you can)

Patrick

On Jul 22, 5:21 pm, "patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com"

Robert Lofthouse

Aug 3, 2008, 3:34:39 PM8/3/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

What was wrong with the 22nd again? I can't remember why we decided on the 30th, but looking at the dates on the version one roadmap, it'll pretty much all be over by then. Unless we want to have a general sprint.

Sorry about this, got a hundred things on my mind at the moment.

Regards

Rob

2008/8/3 patrickf <patrick.f....@googlemail.com>

--
Robert Lofthouse
Technical Director

Siu Design Limited - http://www.siudesign.co.uk

M: 07806 751 392
E: robert.l...@siudesign.co.uk

patrickf

Aug 3, 2008, 6:21:56 PM8/3/08
to DJUGL
Rob - now that you ask, I can't think the reason why we chose the 30th
- but Saturday the 23nd works for me too - but it is a long weekend,
which might hurt attendance numbers?

As I said - either is fine for me, in fact the 16th works for me as
well... just let me know so I can secure the room(s).

Patrick

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Robert Lofthouse" <daaif...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> What was wrong with the 22nd again? I can't remember why we decided on the
> 30th, but looking at the dates on the version one roadmap, it'll pretty much
> all be over by then. Unless we want to have a general sprint.
>
> Sorry about this, got a hundred things on my mind at the moment.
>
> Regards
>
> Rob
>
> 2008/8/3 patrickf <patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com>
> Siu Design Limited -http://www.siudesign.co.uk
>
> M: 07806 751 392
> E: robert.loftho...@siudesign.co.uk

Anand Kumria

Aug 3, 2008, 9:34:13 PM8/3/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:21 PM, patrickf
<patrick.f....@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Rob - now that you ask, I can't think the reason why we chose the 30th
> - but Saturday the 23nd works for me too - but it is a long weekend,
> which might hurt attendance numbers?
>
> As I said - either is fine for me, in fact the 16th works for me as
> well... just let me know so I can secure the room(s).

The 16th August would work for me too.

Put me down on the list.

Cheers,
Anand

patrickf

Aug 7, 2008, 6:42:49 AM8/7/08
to DJUGL
Everyone - Jacob has stated that the 30th a good date to work through
remaining issues with the 1.0 release.

So the weekend of the 30th seems like it's the one to go for.

The official registration page for the sprint at:

http://www.djangodb.org/blog/index.php?/archives/144-London-Django-Sprint.html.

My new company, i-Layer, will be pleased to offer the space free of
charge and provide some food and drinks as well.

Note - to participate in this sprint you have to register at that page
- so we can accurately determine catering, seating etc.

So, everyone: please register and we can get moving! The 'official'
announcement regarding the sprint will on the djangoproject site
shortly.

On Aug 4, 2:34 am, "Anand Kumria" <akum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:21 PM, patrickf

richard barran

Aug 7, 2008, 4:57:05 PM8/7/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
First reaction: yoohoo! Big thanks to you for putting this together.

Second reaction: erm, the signup page at http://www.djangodb.org/blog/
index.php?/wpages/london.html don't work, it's throwing a Django
exception (very appropriate!):

TemplateDoesNotExist: 404.html

;-)
Richard

patrickf

Aug 8, 2008, 4:03:56 AM8/8/08
to DJUGL
Thanks Richard - this *schoolboy error* has been corrected... register
away!

(at least for those who have seen it - there is now doubt that parts
of the site are indeed written in django....)

On Aug 7, 9:57 pm, richard barran <gurge...@free.fr> wrote:
> First reaction: yoohoo! Big thanks to you for putting this together.
>
> Second reaction: erm, the signup page athttp://www.djangodb.org/blog/

patrickf

Aug 8, 2008, 6:28:30 AM8/8/08
to DJUGL
(that should have read: "there is now NO doubt that parts of the site
are written in django")

On Aug 8, 9:03 am, patrickf <patrick.f.fitzger...@googlemail.com>

patrickf

Aug 29, 2008, 5:25:31 AM8/29/08
to DJUGL
Greetings all -

Just a quick note to give you the details of the London Sprint
tomorrow:

Address:
57-61 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HS;
Start Time:
10am

To gain access, please call me on 077 6840 1800

Any questions - feel free to email me on this address or call me on
the number above.

See you there!

Patrick