Variants, color selectors and images within properties

Cleto Martín Angelina

Aug 22, 2014, 4:32:02 PM8/22/14
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

first of all, I would like to thank you for your work in djang-lfs. It works really good.

I have a question/proposal to do (if it wasn't already done). I have checked in list but possibly I didn't see whether this topic has been already discussed or not. Please let me know if so.

I would like to explain my problem with an example but it is a real use case. I'm trying to build an online store for a clothing shop. Some clothes (let say, a coat) should be configured using the following properties:

* Size: tipical S, M, L, etc.
* Material: silk, polyester, etc.
* Color: blue, yellow, etc.

It would be nice if I could associate images to each value of "material" property and show a small thumbnail on the product page. After taking a look at the code, I think this is not possible. Same issue with colors. Maybe it would be useful to have a property type "Color" that contains a "name" and a "value" with the hexadecimal value of the color.

I think both suggestions would make me able to implement a clever behavior within the UI like, for instance, if a customer selected M then I hide those materials and colors not available for the selected size.

I could be totally wrong and this could be already done using and unmodified lfs installation but I don't see how. If there are work to do, I would like to do it or collaborate on doing it.

Many thanks,
 cleto.

Kai Diefenbach

Aug 23, 2014, 2:21:20 AM8/23/14
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it’s not possible with configurable products at the moment.

You can create variants for each available combination and provide different images for these.

Regards
Kai

IQ++
Tel: +49 6182 / 774377-0
Fax: +49 6182 / 774377-1
Mail: kai.die...@iqpp.de
Web: http://www.iqpp.de
Skype: kai.diefenbach

Cleto Martín Angelina

Aug 24, 2014, 11:29:10 AM8/24/14
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kai,

many thanks for your feedback. Ok, I understand your proposal but is the ability of associating images to different property values already implemented in django-lfs?. I haven't seen that in the source code. Are you suggesting that it could be done using lfs out of the box or providing some code customization?

Many thanks,
 cleto.

Kai Diefenbach

Aug 25, 2014, 3:33:28 AM8/25/14
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cleto,

no, you can’t associate images to properties yet. You can associate images to variants ootb, though.

Gruß
Kai