Issue 74 in django-jython: Django 1.4 support (With django 1.4, jython manage.py war fails)

django...@googlecode.com

Jun 20, 2012, 10:55:33 AM6/20/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 74 by asari.ta...@gmail.com: Django 1.4 support (With django 1.4,
jython manage.py war fails)
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=74

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. django-admin.py startproject foo
2. cd foo
3. modify foo/settings.py to append 'doj' into 'INSTALLED_APPS'
4. jython manage.py war

A .jar file should be created without errors, but I get following error
lines:

Assembling WAR on /tmp/tmp7EzcfU/flm

Copying WAR skeleton...
Copying jython.jar...
Copying Lib...
Copying flm...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "manage.py", line 10, in <module>
execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
line 443, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
line 382, in execute
self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 196, in run_from_argv
self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 232, in execute
output = self.handle(*args, **options)

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 232, in execute
output = self.handle(*args, **options)

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/doj/management/commands/war.py",
line 84, in handle
self.fix_project_settings(exploded_war_dir, context_root)

File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/doj/management/commands/war.py",
line 204, in fix_project_settings
fix_admin_media = (settings.ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX and
File "/home/asari/jvenv/Lib/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py",
line 185, in inner
return func(self._wrapped, *args)
AttributeError: 'Settings' object has no attribute 'ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX'

Ubuntu Linux 12.04
OpenJDK 1.7
Jython 2.7a2
Django 1.4
django-jython 1.3.0

django...@googlecode.com

Oct 7, 2012, 10:17:59 AM10/7/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: juneau001

Comment #1 on issue 74 by juneau001: Django 1.4 support (With django 1.4,

django...@googlecode.com

Oct 7, 2012, 10:19:59 AM10/7/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 74 by juneau001: Django 1.4 support (With django 1.4,
Issue 76 has been merged into this issue.

django...@googlecode.com

Dec 1, 2012, 3:21:22 AM12/1/12

Comment #3 on issue 74 by andr...@st0cker.at: Django 1.4 support (With
django 1.4, jython manage.py war fails)
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=74

Could you please pull the latest version from the repo and try it out
again. The war file should build now without problems.

django...@googlecode.com

Dec 1, 2012, 11:53:20 AM12/1/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 74 by juneau001: Django 1.4 support (With django 1.4,
Thanks Andreas, will test for inclusion in the next release.

django...@googlecode.com

Jun 14, 2013, 1:38:04 PM6/14/13
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 74 by kvij...@gmail.com: Django 1.4 support (With
django 1.4, jython manage.py war fails)
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=74

I am using django-jython-1.3.0. I am still facing the same error while
running the command 'jython manage.py war'

issue notifications to this address.

django...@googlecode.com

Jun 17, 2013, 3:23:38 AM6/17/13
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 74 by andr...@st0cker.at: Django 1.4 support (With
django 1.4, jython manage.py war fails)
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=74

The bugfix is only implemented in the development repository, not in any of
the releases. If you pull the code from the repository it should work.

django...@googlecode.com

Jun 17, 2013, 7:11:53 AM6/17/13
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 74 by juneau001: Django 1.4 support (With django 1.4,
I need to make a release for 1.4, and I will try to do that this week. I
will then try to follow up with a subsequent release for 1.5 so that we can
get in-line with Django release numbers once again.

django...@googlecode.com

Aug 10, 2014, 4:29:30 AM8/10/14

Comment #8 on issue 74 by andr...@st0cker.at: Django 1.4 support (With