Issue 79 in django-jython: Django 1.4.2 error database backend

django...@googlecode.com

Oct 31, 2012, 2:36:49 AM10/31/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 79 by timaaarr...@gmail.com: Django 1.4.2 error database backend
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=79

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. install jython
2. installed django (jython setup.py install)
3. installed django-jython (jython setup.py install)
4. create new django project
5. jython manage.py runserver

Django webserver startup

django-python 1.3
django 1.4.2
jython 2.5.3
debian 6
java 1.6
python 2.6.6

web@mc:~/jydj/jtest$ jython manage.py runserver
Validating models...

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Command.inner_run of
<django.contrib.staticfiles.management.commands.runserver.Command object at
0x3>>
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/runserver.py",
line 91, in inner_run
self.validate(display_num_errors=True)
File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 266, in validate
num_errors = get_validation_errors(s, app)

File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/django/core/management/validation.py",
line 23, in get_validation_errors
from django.db import models, connection
File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/django/db/__init__.py", line 40,
in <module>
backend = load_backend(connection.settings_dict['ENGINE'])
File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/django/db/__init__.py", line 34,
in __getattr__
return getattr(connections[DEFAULT_DB_ALIAS], item)
File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 93, in
__getitem__
conn = backend.DatabaseWrapper(db, alias)

File "/home/web/jython/Lib/site-packages/doj/backends/zxjdbc/sqlite3/base.py",
line 108, in __init__
self.features = DatabaseFeatures()
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 3, 2012, 2:56:51 AM11/3/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 79 by timaaarr...@gmail.com: Django 1.4.2 error
database backend
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=79

I'm experiencing similar issues with sqlite3 and mysql. For which I have
created a separate issue

django...@googlecode.com

Dec 14, 2012, 5:33:11 PM12/14/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 79 by a...@pykode.com: Django 1.4.2 error database
backend
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=79

Go to line 108 as describe in your exception above.

change:
self.ops = DatabaseOperations()

to:
self.ops = DatabaseOperations(self)

Mine works :)

django...@googlecode.com

Dec 18, 2012, 2:08:49 AM12/18/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 79 by timaaarr...@gmail.com: Django 1.4.2 error
database backend
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=79

Wow, Ill try that now. I was looking at the library code out of desperation
for an easy fix and was wondering about that like. Thanks.

django...@googlecode.com

Aug 10, 2014, 4:33:29 AM8/10/14
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Updates: