Issue 84 in django-jython: Login fails when updating last_login in auth_user table

django...@googlecode.com

Aug 14, 2014, 9:07:22 PM8/14/14
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 84 by smet...@gmail.com: Login fails when updating last_login in
auth_user table
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=84

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Attempt to log in to a django server using correct username and password

Expecting to login succesfully
Instead receive a DatabaseError: Save with update_fields did not affect any
rows.
for query UPDATE "auth_user" SET "last_login" = ? WHERE "auth_user"."id"
= ? (u'2014-08-14 23:22:40.414999', 1)

Using django-jython 1.7.0b2, Jython 2.7b3+, Django 1.7 and Sqlite on a
linux operating system

The returned updatecount from jython seems to be 1 however it doesn't seem
to be used, the rowcount returns -1 which results in the error produced

Error trace is attached

Attachments:
errortrace.txt 2.6 KB

issue notifications to this address.

django...@googlecode.com

Sep 6, 2014, 5:32:54 AM9/6/14
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: andr...@st0cker.at

Comment #1 on issue 84 by andr...@st0cker.at: Login fails when updating
last_login in auth_user table
https://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=84

django...@googlecode.com

Sep 6, 2014, 6:05:39 AM9/6/14
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 84 by andr...@st0cker.at: Login fails when updating
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this problem. Actually the
JDBCCursorWrapper (doj/db/backends/__init__.py) overrides the rowcount
propertry of zxJDBC to return updatecount instead of rowcount, if it is
bigger.

Could you please check if the __get_rowcount method in JDBCCursorWrapper is
ever reached?

What version of the SQLite JDBC driver are you using? I have
sqlite-jdbc-3.7.15-SNAPSHOT-f18 on my machine.