Issue 55 in django-jython: Only AF_INET sockets are currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary with the help of Remote Library

django...@googlecode.com

Jan 19, 2011, 4:15:29 AM1/19/11
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 55 by psgkish...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are currently
supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary with the help
of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.I am using the command Import Library Remote, http://localhost:8270, WITH
NAME, AutoItLibrary to import the library
2.
3.

The expected output is the AutoItLibrary is imported but instead i get the
error

"Only AF_INET sockets are currently supported on jython"

Robot Framework 2.5.4
Jython 2.5.1 on java1.6.0_04
AutoItLibrary 1.1
OS -windows server 2008 R2 standard 64 Bits

Why is this error coming? and is there any workaround for this?

django...@googlecode.com

Jan 19, 2011, 11:02:42 AM1/19/11
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 55 by alan.ken...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are
currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
with the help of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

> Why is this error coming?

I put in the assert statement that is causing that.

I am now re-thinking it. Although the socket module does not yet fully
support IPV6, it will probably support AF_INET6 addresses.

I need to do a full audit.

> Is there any workaround?

Try simply commenting out the line in socket.py which says

assert family == AF_INET, "Only AF_INET sockets are currently supported on
jython"

Or replace it with

assert family in (AF_INET, AF_INET6), "Only AF_INET and AF_INET6 sockets

are currently supported on jython"

We have an issue on the issue tracker for this one: I will direct all
followups there

http://bugs.jython.org/issue1210

django...@googlecode.com

Jan 19, 2011, 11:22:20 PM1/19/11
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 55 by psgkish...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are
currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
with the help of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

Have one question regarding this? If i Comment out the line assert family

== AF_INET, "Only AF_INET sockets are currently supported on jython"

will it have any other effects? or it it completely fine to do it?

django...@googlecode.com

Jan 27, 2011, 3:29:42 PM1/27/11
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 55 by alan.ken...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are
currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
with the help of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

I have recently made a code change that should eliminate this problem.

https://fisheye3.atlassian.com/changelog/jython/?cs=7191

These changes will be released with the next release of jython, due soon.

Or you could download the latest version from SVN and replace the copy in
your local intallation.

https://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/jython/trunk/jython/Lib/socket.py

django...@googlecode.com

Mar 8, 2011, 2:43:22 AM3/8/11
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 55 by psgkish...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are
currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
with the help of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

i have replaced the socket.py as mentioned and the problem is not repeating
anymore. But there is another issue that is present now which i am not sure
whether is occurring due to this change.

I am getting an error "Connection to remote server broken: Connection
refused" after importing the library and trying to run an exe. is it anyway
related to the file change?

django...@googlecode.com

Mar 8, 2011, 4:33:36 AM3/8/11
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: alan.kennedy.name

Comment #5 on issue 55 by alan.ken...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are

currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
with the help of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

[psgkish]

> Comment #4 on issue 55 by psgkish...@gmail.com: Only AF_INET sockets are
> currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
> with
> the help of Remote Library
> http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

> i have replaced the socket.py as mentioned and the problem is not
> repeating
> anymore.

OK. good. Infact, the entire problem is fixed in the latest version jython,
which now completes IPV6 completely, i.e. no hacking of the socket module.

If you can upgrade to the latest jython, I recommend that you do.

If not, I recommend that you get the socket module from the latest jython
and use that instead of the one you currently have.

https://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/jython/trunk/jython/Lib/socket.py

> But there is another issue that is present now which i am not sure
> whether is occurring due to this change.

> I am getting an error "Connection to remote server broken: Connection
> refused" after importing the library and trying to run an exe. is it
> anyway
> related to the file change?

I think that this problem is problem is probably not related.

Are you sure that there is something listening on the target server:port?
The usual cause of this error message is that nothing is listening on the
target endpoint.

You can check with a browser, telnet or something similar.

Alan.

django...@googlecode.com

Aug 10, 2014, 4:17:27 AM8/10/14

Comment #6 on issue 55 by andr...@st0cker.at: Only AF_INET sockets are
currently supported on jython error when trying to import AutoItLibrary
with the help of Remote Library
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=55

This doesn't seem to be an django-jython issue to me.

issue notifications to this address.