Issue 73 in django-jython: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4

django...@googlecode.com

Mar 28, 2012, 7:55:43 PM3/28/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 73 by tal.liron: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

And we don't even support 1.3. ;)

I did a test of 1.4, and the issue seems to be missing args in the database
backend constructor. I have a feeling supporting 1.4 won't be too hard.

django...@googlecode.com

Mar 28, 2012, 8:34:11 PM3/28/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 73 by juneau001: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Thanks for putting in the issue...we need to get 1.4 support going. I am
planning to roll out the 1.3 final soon too.

django...@googlecode.com

Jul 10, 2012, 8:00:39 AM7/10/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 73 by hendrik....@voss-solutions.com: Enable
Any update on getting Django-Jython compatible with Django 1.4

django...@googlecode.com

Jul 12, 2012, 10:14:00 AM7/12/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: juneau001

Comment #3 on issue 73 by juneau001: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Updated Oracle backend to enable Django 1.4, Jython 2.7 compatability

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 21, 2012, 7:20:47 AM11/21/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 73 by andr...@st0cker.at: Enable Compatibility with
Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

I've created a clone of django-jython's repository, and fixed the
postgresql DB backend for Django 1.4. You might want to merge that:

http://code.google.com/r/andreas-django14-jython/

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 21, 2012, 10:43:49 AM11/21/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 73 by juneau001: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Thanks, I will most definitely plan to merge that! Your assistance is
greatly appreciated. If you would be willing to help support the
postgresql backend, then I can give you commit privileges to Django Jython.

Thanks again

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 22, 2012, 4:24:20 AM11/22/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 73 by andr...@st0cker.at: Enable Compatibility with
Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Would be great if you could give me commit privileges. Don't know how much
time I have left, but I will try to push django-jython a little forward.

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 23, 2012, 10:51:14 AM11/23/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 73 by juneau001: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Andreas, I have added you as a committer. Thanks for your help with the
postgres support. Looking forward to reviewing your work once it is
committed.

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 24, 2012, 3:23:11 AM11/24/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 73 by andr...@st0cker.at: Enable Compatibility with
Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Thank you! I've pushed the changes to the repo.

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 24, 2012, 2:46:28 PM11/24/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 73 by andr...@st0cker.at: Enable Compatibility with
Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

I've also did some changes to the sql_server backend, so it works for
Django 1.4 now. So far it passed all my tests, but the backend still needs
some further testing.

django...@googlecode.com

Nov 24, 2012, 3:03:21 PM11/24/12
to django-j...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 73 by juneau001: Enable Compatibility with Django 1.4
http://code.google.com/p/django-jython/issues/detail?id=73

Excellent work! Thanks for your contribution. I need to test the Oracle
backend again to ensure that the 1.4 compatibility is in good shape. Once
these tests are successfully completed then I will plan to create a new
distribution.

django...@googlecode.com

Aug 10, 2014, 4:28:29 AM8/10/14

Comment #11 on issue 73 by andr...@st0cker.at: Enable Compatibility with