Have maintainers abandoned this?

Brad Luczywo

May 24, 2021, 4:21:35 PM5/24/21
to Django ImageKit
I'm not the first to ask, but it appears no answer has been given:

Is this project dead?

There is commit activity, especially on the develop branch, but there has not been a release for 3.5 years, even though there have been worthwhile commits (such as fixing the Celery 5.x integration).

If the current maintainers have abandoned, how can I (or someone else) step up to help? I'm very close to forking this project and re-releasing on PyPI under a different name.

Matthew Dapena-Tretter

May 25, 2021, 12:27:30 PM5/25/21
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hey! I haven't written Python as part of my job for years now, unfortunately, but @vstoykov has taken over maintenance. As long as he's down with it, I'm totally cool with adding new maintainers!

Brad Luczywo

May 25, 2021, 4:29:41 PM5/25/21
to Django ImageKit
Thank you!!! That's fantastic news! Admittedly, I have not otherwise contributed to this project, so there might be other contributors who are more qualified.

But, I am willing and we depend on it where I work, so I'm motivated (and others in my company, as well) to help keep it as fresh as possible.