Request to join Spanish team

Daniel Corvalán

Aug 23, 2020, 3:53:28 PM8/23/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Hi,

I'd like to join the spanish team for both django and the docs. I've translated my own web app to a few languages so I understand what I'll be doing in transifex.

Thanks in advance!

Claude Paroz

Aug 23, 2020, 3:57:34 PM8/23/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
The Spanish team has 2 coordinators, 3 reviewers and 196 translators!
However, they don't seem to be able to push Django translations to 100%.

I'm tempted to simply reset the whole team and start again with someone
willing to really manage the team in the long term. Thoughts?

Claude

Maciek Olko

Aug 23, 2020, 4:23:23 PM8/23/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just for comparison, Polish team has 98 members and I think that only 1-2 are active.

But I'm neutral to the idea. It can be a fresh start, but an obstacle to come back to translating for those who are inactive.

Regards,
Maciej

Claude Paroz

Sep 19, 2020, 5:32:47 AM9/19/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Le 23.08.20 à 21:57, Claude Paroz a écrit :
> The Spanish team has 2 coordinators, 3 reviewers and 196 translators!
> However, they don't seem to be able to push Django translations to 100%.
>
> I'm tempted to simply reset the whole team and start again with someone
> willing to really manage the team in the long term. Thoughts?
>
> Claude

Any Spanish speaker on this list wanting to take over the Spanish team
coordinatorship?

Uriel Medina

Sep 19, 2020, 1:51:48 PM9/19/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hello Claude!
I'd love to help.
What are the tasks of the coordinator? :)

claudep

Sep 19, 2020, 1:55:50 PM9/19/20
to Django internationalization and localization
> What are the tasks of the coordinator? :)

* Subscribe to this list
* Accept or refuse translator requests to join the team on Transifex
* Try to maintain the Django translations to 100% for each release (every 8 months). By experience I can tell you this is not a heavy task (~30 min. for each release).

Claude

Uriel Medina

Sep 21, 2020, 7:38:51 AM9/21/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
That sounds good. Count me on it.
On anything I can help I'll be glad to help. :)

Rodrigo Suarez

Sep 22, 2020, 6:41:15 AM9/22/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Hello! I'm very interested in contributing to the Spanish translation too! I would be glad if you could count on me 😀

Claude Paroz

Sep 23, 2020, 2:53:44 AM9/23/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Uriel, you are now the new Spanish coordinator.
Would be great to reach 100% for Spanish until the end of this month, as
it is possible we include an update of translations for Django 3.1.2.

Cheers,

Claude