jabber chat application

瀏覽次數:92 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Milan Andric

未讀,
2008年8月6日 中午12:36:562008/8/6
收件者:django-hotclub
Hi, folks I was interested in trying to write a chat application that
supports group chat and would allow people to login to a site and chat
with one or more "friends" at a time. Does anyone have ideas about
that or some good links to existing code? I'm just in the planning
phases and looking for input. From what I hear, Jabber/XMPP is the
way to go.

Thanks!!

--
Milan
http://m.andric.us/

James Tauber

未讀,
2008年8月6日 晚上8:46:142008/8/6
收件者:django-...@googlegroups.com

I would definitely love to see this in Pinax.

I'm not an expert at this sort of thing but I did find this which is
of interest:

http://technophiliac.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/ever-wondered-how-gmailfacebook-chat-works/

James

proteusguy

未讀,
2008年8月7日 凌晨4:51:472008/8/7
收件者:django-hotclub
We're building such a system right now. Jabber is a stronger solution
than irc and is the direction we are going but that's really just the
backend unless you plan to implement a jabber protocol client in
javascript for your browser. Instead we are using Orbited for a Comet-
like async http connection from the browser with Orbited providing a
Jabber (and irc if you want that instead) client on the server to talk
to the actual chat server environment on behalf of the web browser.

-- Ben Scherrey
http://proteus-tech.com

Milan Andric

未讀,
2008年8月7日 上午9:41:132008/8/7
收件者:django-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ben,

Got a little confused. So essentially your architecture is this? :

Javascript (Orbited) <---socket---> Jabberd

I looked at the Orbited demo and the chatroom is quite nice. But the
gmail interface where you click on a friend to start a chat with them,
or invite friends to an existing chat window is also useful.

--
Milan

回覆所有人
回覆作者