TemplateSyntaxError instance has no attribute 'message'

flywi...@googlemail.com

Sep 28, 2008, 6:14:10 PM9/28/08
to django-hotclub
I think I installed and linked to everything, but i get this error:

TemplateSyntaxError instance has no attribute 'message'

Milan Andric

Sep 28, 2008, 9:59:02 PM9/28/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com

Can you post the entire traceback at dpaste.com and send a link? I
don't know offhand what this error message means.

Regarding your previous message about a messy python path. You can
typically avoid that by putting all our your required modules in one
directory and setting your PYTHONPATH appropriately.

--
Milan

flywi...@googlemail.com

Sep 29, 2008, 5:57:51 AM9/29/08
to django-hotclub
http://dpaste.com/81157/

On Sep 29, 3:59 am, "Milan Andric" <mand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM, flywitn...@googlemail.com

flywi...@googlemail.com

Sep 29, 2008, 6:26:27 AM9/29/08
to django-hotclub
I should also tell you what I've done.

I've copied the pinax dir to another location completely, changed the
name and the references to pinax in settings.py.

changed this line:
#MEDIA_ROOT = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "site_media")
to an absolute string to my location

changed to a postgres db with psycopg2

On Sep 29, 11:57 am, "flywitn...@googlemail.com"

flywi...@googlemail.com

Sep 29, 2008, 7:51:46 AM9/29/08
to django-hotclub
I think this answers my question:

http://code.google.com/p/django-hotclub/issues/detail?id=63

Sadly I cannot get 2.5 running correctly.

I'm on debian etch and followed the instructions in the second post at
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=84898 to change my version.
It worked. python -V returns python 2.5. However, it seems apache
doesn't want to play. Anybody know why?

I actually gave up django about 6 months ago, but v1 and pinax have
tempted me back. I was hoping I could actually get something done now.

On Sep 29, 12:26 pm, "flywitn...@googlemail.com"

Milan Andric

Sep 29, 2008, 10:24:01 AM9/29/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Try using the built-in web server by running ./manage.py runserver
instead of using mod_python, to keep mod_python out of the picture
while you get it running.

If you installed mod_python using a debian package than it is likely
compiled against python 2.4. So you would need to recompile
mod_python and point it to python2.5, or update mod_python with apt
somehow. Debian is very conservative in their stable distro which is
great if you're looking for that.

--
Milan

James Tauber

Sep 29, 2008, 5:21:18 PM9/29/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com

Yes, copying all the python modules under external_libs to one place
and putting that in path will solve the problem.

Also using mod_wsgi instead of mod_python will too.

See http://pinaxproject.com/docs/deployment.html for WSGI setup.

James