Obols to the threaded-comments integrators

1 view

bobhaugen

Aug 7, 2008, 10:41:24 AM8/7/08
to django-hotclub
I just added threaded comments to Swaps, a new Pinax app. I was
amazed, I mean shocked and awed, by how easy it was!

Add to the template:
{% load comments_tag %}

<h2>Discussion of this Swap:</h2>
{% comments swap %}

As far as I can tell, that was it. And it just worked!

Wow! I assume this was a combination of good work by the threaded-
comments and Pinax developers.
They deserve lots of obols (when obols get implemented).

(Or did I miss something else I should have done, and this post is
deluded?)

Rajeev J Sebastian

Aug 7, 2008, 11:59:44 AM8/7/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM, bobhaugen <bob.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just added threaded comments to Swaps, a new Pinax app. I was
> amazed, I mean shocked and awed, by how easy it was!
>
> Add to the template:
> {% load comments_tag %}
>
> <h2>Discussion of this Swap:</h2>
> {% comments swap %}
>
> As far as I can tell, that was it. And it just worked!
>
> Wow! I assume this was a combination of good work by the threaded-
> comments and Pinax developers.

Well yes, it is the hard work of ericflo ;) Also, this is a common
django pattern ...

> They deserve lots of obols (when obols get implemented).

obols == karma ? if so, definitely ...

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian

bobhaugen

Aug 7, 2008, 1:58:16 PM8/7/08
to django-hotclub

On Aug 7, 10:59 am, "Rajeev J Sebastian" <rajeev.sebast...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM, bobhaugen <bob.hau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wow! I assume this was a combination of good work by the threaded-
> > comments and Pinax developers.
>
> Well yes, it is the hard work of ericflo ;) Also, this is a common
> django pattern ...

Well, integrating threaded-comments into a Pinax page is quite a bit
simpler than the tutorial at
http://code.google.com/p/django-threadedcomments/
(altho maybe ericflo simplified it more for Pinax?)

> > They deserve lots of obols (when obols get implemented).
>
> obols == karma ? if so, definitely ...

Obols are an imaginary reward currency proposed for the Pinax
developer edition. Similar to kudos or whuffie or karma.