6095 member wall patch

1 view

Rajeev J Sebastian

Aug 18, 2008, 2:06:32 AM8/18/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hi James Tauber,

I attempted the use of intermediary model in the many-to-many
relationship between project and member. I have it working about 90%.
However, it is not worth the trouble to attempt the rest (i think).

The problem I have now is that for e.g.,

project = <some Project object>
for member in project.members.all():
print member.projectmember.away

The above code will not work, because the User object returned by
project.members.all() is not decorated with the projectmember ...
which I find to be very odd and makes this intermediary tables thing a
bit silly imho.

member.away doesnt seem to work either.

Any suggestions ? If not, i think its better to commit the current
patch without 6095.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian

James Tauber