which versions of django and django-hotclub?

stjohn

Sep 30, 2008, 1:04:05 PM9/30/08
to django-hotclub
Hi Guys,
I tested out hotclub and pinax sometime last week and it was working
great. After a django trunk update and a django-hotclub update I get
the following template syntax error:

TemplateSyntaxError at /
Caught an exception while rendering: 'module' object has no attribute
'ModelThing'

I presume this is a versions issue. Can anyone tell me what is the
last known good 'hotclub+django' combination so I can 'svn up -r ...'
accordingly and start playing again.

many thanks!
St.john

Brian Rosner

Sep 30, 2008, 1:18:06 PM9/30/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM, stjohn <stj...@kid-safe.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I tested out hotclub and pinax sometime last week and it was working
> great. After a django trunk update and a django-hotclub update I get
> the following template syntax error:
>
> TemplateSyntaxError at /
> Caught an exception while rendering: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'ModelThing'

Check out http://code.google.com/p/django-hotclub/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges
wiki page. This is likely caused by an old things app in local_apps.

> I presume this is a versions issue. Can anyone tell me what is the
> last known good 'hotclub+django' combination so I can 'svn up -r ...'
> accordingly and start playing again.

The django-hotclub source code (Pinax) is 100% compatible with Django
1.0. You should be using that regardless.

--
Brian Rosner
http://oebfare.com

stjohn

Sep 30, 2008, 2:31:26 PM9/30/08
to django-hotclub
On Sep 30, 6:18 pm, "Brian Rosner" <bros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM, stjohn <stj...@kid-safe.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> > I tested out hotclub and pinax sometime last week and it was working
> > great. After a django trunk update and a django-hotclub update I get
> > the following template syntax error:
>
> > TemplateSyntaxError at /
> > Caught an exception while rendering: 'module' object has no attribute
> > 'ModelThing'
>
> Check outhttp://code.google.com/p/django-hotclub/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleCha...
> wiki page. This is likely caused by an old things app in local_apps.
>
> > I presume this is a versions issue. Can anyone tell me what is the
> > last known good 'hotclub+django' combination so I can 'svn up -r ...'
> > accordingly and start playing again.
>
> The django-hotclub source code (Pinax) is 100% compatible with Django
> 1.0. You should be using that regardless.
>
> --
> Brian Rosnerhttp://oebfare.com

Hi Brian,
many thanks for your help. Fixed now....

cheers,
St.john