Hello Pinax!

Ed Menendez

Sep 9, 2008, 12:17:06 PM9/9/08
to django-hotclub
Just rediscovered Pinax through Eric Florenzano's post. I'm currently
building Hollywood Draft which seems to overlap lots of the
functionality in Pinax. Would love to add code where code is needed!
We have a pretty mature django based cron job system and a mail server
+ HTML rendering engine that we use on the site as well as a very
loosely decoupled invite system that can be used to invite users to
any service (and save a context along with the invite). Is any of that
something that would be interesting to the project?

- Ed

Milan Andric

Sep 11, 2008, 2:46:15 PM9/11/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com

Ed, If you think you have something to contribute I advise you to
package it up and release the code somewhere (google code seems to be
popular). If you can make your application "pinax friendly" meaning
it uses some of the conventions currently in place than it will easily
be pluggable into most django projects.

So just release it if you can.

--
Milan

Ed Menendez

Sep 11, 2008, 6:49:44 PM9/11/08
to django-hotclub
Was planning on doing that anyway but wouldn't mind spending the time
to integrate it more closely into the project. I'll release it at
http://menendez.com/ which is picked up by Django Community feed so
you'll see it there.

Thanks,

- Ed