django-notification, extra_context not being passed to send?

odonian

Aug 24, 2008, 10:08:07 AM8/24/08
to django-hotclub
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum, but I had a question
about the django-notification app which didn't seem to have its own
forum.

In the current models.py for django-notification, the
ObservedItem.send_notice() method invokes the all-important send()
method like so, line 300:

def send_notice(self):
send([self.user], self.notice_type.label,
self.message_template,
[self.observed_object])

...from what I can see during debugging, the third argument of
self.message_template gets assigned to the extra_context arg for send,
but self.observed_object doesn't. Which means it's not available when
customizing the various notification messages/formats within send().
Is this an oversight?

Thanks again all, Pinax is looking to be the super-app for Django!