Haystack 1.1 released

Daniel Lindsley

Nov 23, 2010, 2:18:59 AM11/23/10
to django-haystack
Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know Haystack 1.1 was released tonight.
Almost one year since the release of 1.0, there's been a lot of work
that has been done. If you're interested, you can review all of the
(179!) commits at https://github.com/toastdriven/django-haystack/compare/f8f2dbc1552b511b30698413d01b4930254fecbf...master

Some of the major features of 1.1 include:

* Vastly revamped faceting
* Whoosh 1.1 support
* Much faster date faceting in Solr
* Document & field boosting
* Addition of the "simple" backend
* Basic admin integration
* Management command improvements
* User-customizable fields are now possible

Please note that many of the features I had originally denoted as
"1.1-final" in the issue tracker have been pushed to 1.2. My goal is
to start releasing Haystack more frequently (once every couple
months), so the timelines on those features will continue to shift,
with one or two of them landing per release.

The 1.1 release is available on PyPI as well as tagged on GitHub,
so feel free to pick your poison. Enjoy!

Daniel