Does Haystack support distributed search /sharding or Solr cloud?

Serwah

Mar 16, 2017, 1:44:56 PM3/16/17
to django-haystack
Hi all,

I am new to this group and happy to join:)

the problem in one sentence:
to read from multiple cores (archive and active ones), write only to the latest active core
using Solr and Haystack

I am designing a periodic indexing system, one core per months, of which always the last two indexes are used to search on, and always the last one is the active one for current indexing.

We are using Haystack to manage the communications with Solr.
We can use multiple cores in the settings.py in Haystack, that is totally fine.

For example is I change the setting like:

HAYSTACK_CONNECTIONS = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'haystack.backends.solr_backend.SolrEngine',
         'URL': 'http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/core_Feb',
          'URL': 'http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/core_Jan',
     },
 }

but the problem is that only the last core is loaded. I know that we can use the "using" keyword in the code to read from e.g. "core_Feb" or "core_Jan",
but I want a distributed search over these 2 or more cores and update only the last one.

So as I read I came to the point of using sharding/distributed search in Solr.
But I did not find any support from Haystack for this issue.

Is there anything there that I have missed?

Best,
Serwah