Get results based on query on different pages

Arpit Garg

Jun 26, 2017, 12:37:48 AM6/26/17
to django-haystack
Hi,

In my application, I was trying to customize the Views to get more better search functionality. In the app, there's a search bar in the top, a search button and an advanced search(filtering) button. This is a header common to all pages similar to in facebook. What I want to to do is that if someone write's a query in the search bar in the top and clicks the search button, the query goes to a certain view and then the results are displayed based on the query provided. But right now, the header is in a different html file called base.html and the results displayed are a different html file. Please someone explain how can I do this?

TIA.