Backend: Elasticsearch vs. Solr?

J. Heasly

Dec 5, 2016, 1:45:24 PM12/5/16
to django-haystack
I happen to be at a spot where I can choose either Elasticsearch or Solr as a backend. The docs Backend Support page feature list for both seems pretty much identical, but I notice that Elasticsearch support is now to full releases behind. Haven't used either before and don't have any at-hand support for one or the other. Is there a foreseeable advantage to one over the other?

Thanks!

— John

Salvatore Iovene

Nov 5, 2017, 2:12:40 PM11/5/17
to django-haystack
As somebody who just migrated from Solr to ES, I can only mention that the performance seems identical, but ES is much easier to install and configure. In fact, almost no configuration needed and no annoying schema to build.