Django 1.6 :sadface:

daniel

Jun 14, 2013, 8:13:24 PM6/14/13
to django-ha...@googlegroups.com
We received an issue a couple days ago (https://github.com/toastdriven/django-haystack/issues/805) that raises a severe Django 1.6 issue. Django itself has changed how ``Node`` works (https://github.com/django/django/commit/d3f00bd5706b35961390d3814dd7e322ead3a9a3). Unfortunately, I'm swamped ATM & it's doubtful I'll be able to address it in the near future. Does anyone else have time to tackle it?

As I see it, we can introduce a short-term fix by just manually copying over the old methods in Django onto the ``SearchNode`` class & making sure the existing tests in ``django-haystack/tests/core`` pass. Longer-term, we should probably properly alter it to keep inline with Django & to simplify things. Help?

Daniel

George Hickman

Jun 16, 2013, 6:58:49 AM6/16/13
to django-ha...@googlegroups.com

I might be able to help with this as I'm running another Refresh Oxford (http://refreshoxford.co.uk) Hack Day next Saturday (22nd June). </shameless-plug>

So hopefully I can either cajoule some other hackers into helping me or at least get the tests passing with the short term solution. If anyone is interested in combing efforts on this please feel free to email me or grab me on IRC (ghickman on freenode).

George

Dan Watson

Daniel Lindsley

Jun 28, 2013, 2:05:14 PM6/28/13
to Dan Watson, django-ha...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

   I'm working on it. I have most of Haystack ported to Py3 & will just work in the needed changes as part of it.

Daniel
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-haystack...@googlegroups.com.