Grappelli for Django 1.8

Brent

Apr 14, 2015, 3:26:15 PM4/14/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
Is there is any sort of an ETA on when a release of Grappelli will be out that works with Django 1.8?

-Brent

patrick kranzlmueller

Apr 14, 2015, 3:28:17 PM4/14/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
Nope. But we'll probably start next week.

--

---

Brent

Apr 20, 2015, 3:34:29 PM4/20/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
If I wanted to fix the RemovedInDjango19Warning Deprecation warnings, would my pull request be considered or has this work already been done and I'm just missing it?

patrick kranzlmueller

Apr 21, 2015, 8:43:12 AM4/21/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
So far, we have not been working on compatibility with Django 1.8 ... I'll add a new branch tomorrow and you could send pull requests then.

Brent O'Connor

Apr 21, 2015, 5:00:39 PM4/21/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
To be clear, what branch did you add? I looked for "dev/2.7.x” and didn’t see that branch.

patrick kranzlmueller

Apr 22, 2015, 12:03:38 PM4/22/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
It's not there yet ... I have to fix some issue with the current version (which I'm working on right now), before adding the new branch. It'll be dev/2.7.x, available either later today or tomorrow.

patrick kranzlmueller

Apr 22, 2015, 1:22:28 PM4/22/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
dev/2.7.x is now available

Kenneth Kinyanjui

May 18, 2015, 4:35:46 AM5/18/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Is Grappeli now stable with Django 1.8

Kind Regards
Kenneth Kinyanjui

Chris Cogdon

Jun 23, 2015, 1:44:45 AM6/23/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to both thank the authors for a great addition to Django, as well as adding my voice to the "1.8" chorus.

I've noticed that there's several forks of the grappelli repo with various attempts to get working under Django 1.8. Is there any that are generally considered "the best in lieu of an official release" that I should view? I'd love to contribute to 1.8 related fixes, but also want to avoid duplication other people's work.

Thanks!

patrick kranzlmueller

Jun 23, 2015, 5:30:51 AM6/23/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
The branch is stable/2.7.x.

Federico Capoano

Jul 15, 2015, 9:18:37 AM7/15/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi people,

i'm using grappelli 2.6.5 with django 1.8 and it mostly works.

I was wondering wether would be a good idea to issue a 2.7.0 release even if all the django 1.8 are not 100% closed (but mostly there).
This way some people can start using the improvements and send feedback.

Best regards
Federico

विश्वासराव साळुंखे

Jul 31, 2015, 7:05:26 AM7/31/15
to Django Grappelli, epic...@gmail.com
Hi,
Grappelli 2.7.1 is released which is compatible with Django 1.8.

-Vishwas

Federico Capoano

Jul 31, 2015, 9:37:41 AM7/31/15
to django-g...@googlegroups.com, epic...@gmail.com
Yes, i've noticed.

Now I'm waiting for filebrowser to catch up with a small thing in
install_requires of setup.py:
https://github.com/sehmaschine/django-filebrowser/issues/273

I also opened a PR with a small patch:
https://github.com/sehmaschine/django-filebrowser/pull/276/files