Secure downloads and permissions

Erlend Dalen

Dec 13, 2018, 3:53:16 AM12/13/18
to django-filer
Greetings from Norway!

We are using django-filer 1.2.8 for now because of the django version we are using (1.7.11) and have tried to use the permissions and secure downloads functionality, but it does not seem to work as expected.
I see that they are experimental, but it would be nice to know what we could expect to work and not.

For now, we have tried to set folder permissions on one folder (that already consists of a bunch of files) and have one user group to have full access to the content and another group only to have permissions to view the content.
This resulted however in no users being allowed to view the files in the folder.

I have the following settings:
FILER_ENABLE_PERMISSIONS=True

Anything else is defaulted settings from django-filer.
This is running on apache (and yes, the smedia-foler is created and contains the files that are located under the folder where I have set folder permissions).

Any pointers would be appreciated.

ps: Another annoying issue in the folder permissions admin-view, is that it loads all users for the filter. Having 130 000 users in the database makes that a bit of a performance issue.

Cheers!
Erlend Dalen