Is it possible to make it so that uploaded files are not always visible in file browser folder after upload?

Nicole Marie

Aug 15, 2016, 1:32:28 PM8/15/16
to django-filer
Hi all,

I am trying to implement django-filer and it is mostly working, the one feature I don't really like is that once a file is uploaded in a Django model, it will stay visible and accessible in the file upload window that pops up when you want to upload a new file. I would like to account for confidentiality of files in my app and I imagine this could be done with permissions?

For example, I have an Attorney model and create several Attorney records. I want to upload files that are associated with one attorney (Attorney A) to that attorney's record, but those files may be confidential or only associated with one attorney. If I create a second Attorney record (Attorney B), and try to upload files to B, I am still able to upload Attorney A's files to Attorney B's record, because they show up as uploaded already, and are accessible! Is there a way to set view permissions on uploaded files so that they are not always visible/accessible?