Page admin showing each extension twice, breaks admin page

Dan Palmer

Feb 2, 2016, 11:59:02 AM2/2/16
to Django FeinCMS
Hi,

We've just started setting up a FeinCMS based blog, but have encountered a small problem.

We set up the Page model in the normal way, and register a few extensions like this:

Page.register_extensions(
    'feincms.module.extensions.datepublisher',
    'feincms.module.page.extensions.excerpt',
    'feincms.module.page.extensions.relatedpages',
)

The extensions appear to only be loaded once - that line of code is run once, no "AlreadyRegistered" exceptions, and the migrations all work fine which implies the model is being created properly.

However, the admin shows two tabs for each extension. The tabs contain the same content, but only one (non-deterministic) tab will work at any time, which means you have to enter data twice in the admin to be sure that it will save. Also some widgets in the repeated tabs just don't work, an example of this is the multiple selection widget for the "relatedpages" extension.

I don't know enough about FeinCMS to know where to even begin looking for what might be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this, or even a good place to start looking?

Thanks for your help,

Dan Palmer