Operate different CMS sections for different users in same site

Chris Brogan

Apr 24, 2017, 10:51:19 AM4/24/17
to Django FeinCMS
I have installed FeinCMS (1.13.1) to my project to see if it suits my needs & have been able to add & manage content types to the ‘page module'.

However, what I would like to be able to do is allow specific users to add content that is relevant to their ‘team’ without each team having admin access to others teams’ content. Is it possible to sub-class the Page class so that I could have TeamAPage, TeamBPage, TeamCPage, etc whereby each team of admins can organise their own content? Would I be better off tackling this use-case in a different way?

Henning Hraban Ramm

Apr 24, 2017, 12:26:42 PM4/24/17
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Am 2017-04-24 um 16:51 schrieb Chris Brogan <twisb...@gmail.com>:

> I have installed FeinCMS (1.13.1) to my project to see if it suits my needs & have been able to add & manage content types to the ‘page module'.
>
> However, what I would like to be able to do is allow specific users to add content that is relevant to their ‘team’ without each team having admin access to others teams’ content. Is it possible to sub-class the Page class so that I could have TeamAPage, TeamBPage, TeamCPage, etc whereby each team of admins can organise their own content? Would I be better off tackling this use-case in a different way?

I would setup these teams as user groups and use an additional manager like this:
https://github.com/fiee/fiee-dorsale/blob/master/siteprofile/managers.py#DorsaleGroupSiteManager
If you don’t need the site dependency, don’t use this code directly.

I guess you don’t need to subclass Page, but write an extension similar to
feincms.module.page.extensions.sites

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

Chris Brogan

Apr 26, 2017, 4:27:51 AM4/26/17
to Django FeinCMS
Thanks for the suggestions, Hraban.

Although I want different teams to manage their own content, everyone needs to be able to view it. Each team is basically a department so content posted by Health & Safety people needs to be available to those in Marketing but they wouldn’t be able to create article in each other’s sections. I have set up something *nearly* akin to what I want just by sub-classing a ‘ContentClass’ which inherits from the MPTT model (which FeinCMS obviously makes use of) for each team. Django then correctly allowed each sub-classed model to be controlled in Admin. However, the Admin interface of FeinCMS (with drag & drop, the set up for file attachments, etc) was something that I wanted to take advantage of.