page_page table not present

Scot Hacker

Nov 9, 2014, 3:47:41 PM11/9/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Just setting up feincms for the first time and am a bit stuck.

I see documentation and conversation around the question of missing columns on the page_page table, but my problem is different - I haven't got a page_page table at all.

./manage.py migrate doesn't create the table
./manage.py makemigrations says there are no changes to be made

In INSTALLED_APPS I have:

    'feincms',
    'mptt',
    'feincms.module.medialibrary',

I created an app with a model 'CMSPage' and Page.register_extensions() etc. (verbatim from the docs). My app's model was migrated in just fine. In the admin, I see my new model, and I also see a new "Page" entry created by Fein. But when I access that, I get the sql error `relation "page_page" does not exist`.

Actually, it's not clear from the docs whether I was supposed to create a new app+model to store the new cms pages, or whether I'm supposed to use Fein's own "Page" model. Docs seem to imply you need a new model, but then Fein's own "Pages" app appears in the admin, which is kind of confusing.

I'm on Django 1.7 / Python 3.4 Thanks for any clarification.

./s

Scot Hacker

Nov 12, 2014, 1:27:24 AM11/12/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I finally realized that what I needed was just FlatPages on steroids. So I forked FlatPages and modified as needed.

Ah well - FeinCMS looked promising, but the install was just too tricky.

Best regards,
Scot