django-extensions on Transifex.net

Jannis Leidel

Feb 17, 2010, 4:59:31 AM2/17/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I took the liberty to put django-extensions on transifex.net, a Django-based translation platform for making lives of translators easier.

http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/django-extensions/

Lemme know if you have any questions :)

Jannis

Michael Trier

Feb 17, 2010, 8:01:59 AM2/17/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com

Awesome. Thank Jannis.

Bas van Oostveen

Jan 29, 2011, 4:32:48 PM1/29/11
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jannis,

Thanks for the submission to Transifex :)

I did the Dutch translation a while ago.
How do we get these back into django-extensions ?

(I'm not very familiar with the Transifex process :-)

Regards,
Trbs

Jannis Leidel

Feb 2, 2011, 5:54:25 AM2/2/11
On 29.01.2011, at 22:32, Bas van Oostveen wrote:

> Hi Jannis,
>
> Thanks for the submission to Transifex :)

I've just updated the files on Transifex and in the repo a bit (to have proper locale codes and plural forms).

> I did the Dutch translation a while ago.
> How do we get these back into django-extensions ?

With the transifex-client utility, which is a fancy wrapper around the Transifex API and allows pushing and pulling of translation updates. I've just added the required .tx/config file to the repo.

E.g. running ``tx pull`` will update the local po files with updates from Transifex (via its API).

Translators are also able to use ``tx push -t`` to push updates to the server, e.g. if a translator decides to translate locally (not via the Web UI) or we've added new strings.

The general idea for project maintainer is to pull translation updates from Transifex whenever needed, e.g. before a release for example. Right now using ``tx pull`` doesn't wrap long lines yet (fix forthcoming in Transifex) but that can be corrected by us by running makemessages -a over the locales once in a while.

More information can also be found in the User Guide:

http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/

I hope that helps a bit, lemme know if there are any more questions,

Best,
Jannis

Bas van Oostveen

Feb 10, 2011, 3:51:14 PM2/10/11
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info :)

I'll try to keep up with translations and merge (or ask for help) before
releases.

Regards,
Trbs