translate docs to Chinese, if it has't been

Delong .w

Dec 20, 2013, 3:42:57 AM12/20/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
django-extensions is a powerful tool, and I want to show others how to use it, so I want to translate it into Chinese, if it has't been.
does someone can add it to official docs, when I done. I start to translate today

trbs

Dec 20, 2013, 4:56:28 AM12/20/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Great :)

We have a Chinese translation in https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/django-extensions/ as well.

If you translate the docs into Chinese I will look into how to deal with this with read the docs[1] where we host the documentation.

However I do want to ask you to only start translating the documentation if you are willing to also maintain the Chinese versions for multiple years.
Having out of date translations would not be of much use to people and would actually be harmful for the project.

Regards,
Trbs

[1] http://read-the-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html#how-do-i-support-multiple-languages-of-documentation

Delong .w

Dec 24, 2013, 1:16:01 AM12/24/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
I just put Chinese docs online, it's almost finished.

maybe add a link to this doc, so I can fix typo or add new docs in time.

Delong .w

Dec 24, 2013, 4:17:57 AM12/24/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Chinese version docs almost done. I put theme online:

maybe, just add a link to main doc, and I can fix typo or update doc to new version in time.

trbs

Dec 24, 2013, 6:16:16 AM12/24/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Great :)

Please make a pull request with a link to the Chinese docs.
I will merge that so Chinese readers can be directed to your translation.

Thanks !

- Trbs