[django-extensions] Release v0.5

trbs

Apr 21, 2010, 8:38:32 AM4/21/10
to django-extensions
Dear all,

Sorry for the extremely long delay between versions.

But today is filled with joy and excitement for today I've tagged 0.5
in github and uploaded it to PyPi.

Also the documentation generated by sphinx is now uploaded to pypi so
it can be found online here: http://packages.python.org/django-extensions/

Please email the list or me directly if I made a mistake somewhere, or
if this for some reason creates problems for anybody. (pinax people
you ok with this 0.5 release ? )

Regards,
Bas

Philip Zeyliger

Apr 21, 2010, 12:17:34 PM4/21/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

Could you summarize what the major new things/changes are?

Also, you might also update http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-extensions/0.5 to point to github instead of Google code.

Cheers,

-- Philip

trbs

Apr 21, 2010, 4:23:20 PM4/21/10
to django-extensions
Good point I've updated the link to the github page.

While preparing the release, I was thinking about if we should create
a Changelog file for the project.
http://github.com/cryos/avogadro/blob/master/scripts/gitlog2changelog.py
seem reasonable to create
a changelog. Although I see that I've committed with so many different
identities/systems that it's getting
messy :)

Major points for the 0.5 release:

New:
* I18N / Localization support
* ActivatorMixin, An abstract base class model that provides activate
and deactivate fields.
* Widont filter from SmileyChris
* JSONField
* UnreferencedFiles, List all files under MEDIA_ROOT that are not
referenced inside the database
* show_templatetags, List all template tags including formats and
docstrings.
* encrypted text and char fields

Updates:
* sqldiff seen a lot of changes and improvements (also some work in
supporting gis fields)
* shell_plug, bpython support
* hashlib in favor of sha1/md5 modules (with fallback on the later)

Fixes:
* reset_db, fixed problems with Postgresql default database name
* terminal colors, changed ERROR_OUTPUT to ERROR
* shell_plus, fixed api change with new versions of ipython
* sqldiff, patch to handle proxy models

And many others less visibile fixes like; setup.py, jobs,
sync_media_s3, updates for
changes in newer django versions and backward compatibility patches.

Hope this helps :)
Regards,
Bas

On Apr 21, 6:17 pm, Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Excellent!
>
> Could you summarize what the major new things/changes are?
>
> Also, you might also updatehttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-extensions/0.5to point to github instead
> of Google code.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Philip
>

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:38 AM, trbs <v.oostv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
>
> > Sorry for the extremely long delay between versions.
>
> > But today is filled with joy and excitement for today I've tagged 0.5
> > in github and uploaded it to PyPi.
>
> > Also the documentation generated by sphinx is now uploaded to pypi so
> > it can be found online here:http://packages.python.org/django-extensions/
>
> > Please email the list or me directly if I made a mistake somewhere, or
> > if this for some reason creates problems for anybody. (pinax people
> > you ok with this 0.5 release ? )
>
> > Regards,
> > Bas
>
> > --

Andy Baker

Apr 21, 2010, 6:03:59 PM4/21/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
What's 'shell_plug'? Google is turning up next to nothing.

Bas van Oostveen

Apr 21, 2010, 6:32:21 PM4/21/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Sorry typo :)