Good point I've updated the link to the github page.
While preparing the release, I was thinking about if we should create
a Changelog file for the project.
seem reasonable to create
a changelog. Although I see that I've committed with so many different
identities/systems that it's getting
Major points for the 0.5 release:
* I18N / Localization support
* ActivatorMixin, An abstract base class model that provides activate
and deactivate fields.
* Widont filter from SmileyChris
* UnreferencedFiles, List all files under MEDIA_ROOT that are not
referenced inside the database
* show_templatetags, List all template tags including formats and
* encrypted text and char fields
* sqldiff seen a lot of changes and improvements (also some work in
supporting gis fields)
* shell_plug, bpython support
* hashlib in favor of sha1/md5 modules (with fallback on the later)
* reset_db, fixed problems with Postgresql default database name
* terminal colors, changed ERROR_OUTPUT to ERROR
* shell_plus, fixed api change with new versions of ipython
* sqldiff, patch to handle proxy models
And many others less visibile fixes like; setup.py, jobs,
sync_media_s3, updates for
changes in newer django versions and backward compatibility patches.
Hope this helps :)
On Apr 21, 6:17 pm, Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com
> Could you summarize what the major new things/changes are?
> Also, you might also updatehttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-extensions/0.5to
point to github instead
> of Google code.
> -- Philip
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:38 AM, trbs <v.oostv...@gmail.com
> > Dear all,
> > Sorry for the extremely long delay between versions.
> > But today is filled with joy and excitement for today I've tagged 0.5
> > in github and uploaded it to PyPi.
> > Also the documentation generated by sphinx is now uploaded to pypi so
> > it can be found online here:http://packages.python.org/django-extensions/
> > Please email the list or me directly if I made a mistake somewhere, or
> > if this for some reason creates problems for anybody. (pinax people
> > you ok with this 0.5 release ? )
> > Regards,
> > Bas
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "django-extensions" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to django-e...@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > django-extensi...@googlegroups.com
> > .
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/django-extensions?hl=en