runscript arguments --script-args

jimscafe

Oct 22, 2013, 11:19:03 PM10/22/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
I have just discovered that runscript can have arguments by using --script-args
(I discovered this by looking at the source code for runscript.py)

e.g.

python manage.py runscript sript_name --script-args x

I think this should be documented. How do I go about suggesting this? (New to github)

Also the online documentation does not even list runscript. I find it extremelt valuable for adding updating functionality to my django projects as well as for testing out new processes.

trbs

Oct 23, 2013, 8:20:55 AM10/23/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Are you familiar with Sphinx[1] and Readthedocs[2] ?

That's what we use for writing and generating documentation.

Make sure you have sphinx installed on your local machine and fork and clone our github repository.
Then you can do:

$ cd django-extensions
$ cd docs
$ make clean
$ make html

This will generate the documentation for you locally.
Use your webbrowser of choice to open _build/html/index.html from that directory to view them.

Now you can start writing and updating documentation.
If your not familiar with Sphinx it's probably best to start reading their documentation and tutorial first.

You can send updates to us via Github pull requests or email them to me or ping me on irc (freenode).

Regards,
Trbs

[1] http://sphinx-doc.org/
[2] https://readthedocs.org/