Broken database commands

Cerin

Feb 16, 2012, 11:23:38 AM2/16/12
to django-extensions
Are the sqlcreate and reset_db commands deprecated? Both are broken in
the current release (at least for PostgreSQL), and after looking at
the code they both seem to do the same thing (i.e. drop and recreate
the database).

I've been using a similar script to manage my databases, but django-
extensions looked like an interesting toolkit, so I investigating
using that as a replacement. If these commands are being removed,
should I just fork these into some sort of django-db-commands package?

trbs

Feb 16, 2012, 1:39:22 PM2/16/12
to django-extensions
No, I think the reason is more that none of the regular committers use
these commands.

If you create a pull-requests to fix these, we will try to merge them
as soon as possible.

Chris Spencer

Feb 17, 2012, 8:54:20 AM2/17/12
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks. I've submitted the pull request. The changes were actually
pretty minor, but it's my first one on Github, so if I left anything
out, or you need more detail, please let me know.