Error: no module named django_extensions

Victor Hooi

Dec 8, 2010, 9:45:54 PM12/8/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've installed django-extensions via Pip, and I'm receiving an error when I try to run any ./manage.py commands in my project.

I used:
pip install django-extensions
which installed django-extensions 0.5. (I also tried with the version from Github, same error).

When I run anything via ./manage.py (e.g. validate, or syncdb) I get an error:
Error: No module named django_extensions
In my settings.py, I have:
INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django_extensions',
In the Python shell,I can do a "import django_extensions" and it imports fine with no error messages.

Not sure what's going on here?

Cheers,
Victor

Bas van Oostveen

Dec 11, 2010, 8:13:50 PM12/11/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Dear Victor,

I've just updated and release version 0.6

I hope this fixes your problem.

$ pip install django-extensions
Downloading/unpacking django-extensions
Downloading django-extensions-0.6.tar.gz (107Kb): 107Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package django-extensions
Installing collected packages: django-extensions
Running setup.py install for django-extensions
Successfully installed django-extensions
Cleaning up...
$ ipython
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 16:22:56)

IPython 0.10 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
? -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: import django_extensions

In [2]: django_extensions.VERSION