mongoengine added support for shell_plus

Tomtom Henriquez

May 17, 2013, 6:54:04 PM5/17/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I added a experimental mongoengine support for shell_plus.

Here is my case and why. In the company I am working on we use both postgresql and mongo (with mongoengine). It is a pain to write the import everytime for the mongoengine Documents (since they don't get imported into the shell of course).

I didn't dedicate much time to it but if anyone seems interested in a mongoengine only support or any bugs are found I would be willing to put more time. It would be cool if it can be added to the main project too for sure.

let me know what you guys think!

trbs

May 19, 2013, 11:52:13 AM5/19/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I like the addition. I'm thinking that I might spend some time making some kind of 'plugin' architecture for this.

But isn't the code missing the assignment of mongoengine objects to imported_objects so make them available in the shell ?

Also please make a pull request this this so it's easier to integrate.

Regards,
Trbs

Tomtom Henriquez

May 20, 2013, 10:48:58 PM5/20/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
yep you are right about the imported_objects, I'll add that tomorrow (and probably reorganize a little my code).

Bests!